Monday 29 October 2012

When life gives you lemons...


With an abundance of fruit on our lemon tree, we’ve been making lemon flavoured everything lately. 


My favourite thing to make is lemon meringue pie and, since I know quite a few people with a sweet tooth, I’ve been whipping up one every week or two. Not good for the waistline but in order to use up those lemons, it’s a sacrifice we’re willing to make.


Here’s a recipe that I discovered a few years ago. The sweet meringue with the tangy lemon filling makes a great combination.

Also attempted to make a batch of lemon butter but we accidentally sealed the jars while the mixture was still hot and it failed to thicken. Never fear, we used the mix as lemon sauce and saved the cute little jars for next time.


Lastly, I've been making batches of lemon shortbread. While the first batch wasn't quite right (someone might have used cornflour instead of icing sugar!), the next attempts came out great. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment